June is a popular time to visit Montenegro, with warm weather in June, long days of sunshine, and the start of the summer tourist season. Located on the Adriatic Sea, Montenegro offers stunning views of the coast and the surrounding mountains. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach vacation or an adventurous outdoor getaway, Montenegro has something for everyone.
Average Temperature in June
In June, the average temperature in Montenegro ranges from 20°C to 28°C, with an average high of 25°C. The nights are also warmer, with temperatures around 17°C. The weather is generally warm and sunny, making it a great time to enjoy the outdoors.
Here are the average temperatures for some of the popular destinations in Montenegro in June:
- Kotor: High of 26°C, low of 18°C
- Budva: High of 26°C, low of 17°C
- Podgorica: High of 30°C, low of 17°C
Temperatures in the northern areas of Montenegro, such as in the cities of Niksic and Pljevlja, can be a bit cooler than the coast, with temperatures in the mountains averaging around 17°C in June.
Rainfall and Humidity in June
June is generally a dry month in Montenegro, with an average of only 5 days of rainfall throughout the month. However, the humidity levels can be relatively high, especially along the coast. The average humidity in June is around 65%, which can make the warm temperatures feel hotter than they actually are. It’s important to stay hydrated and wear lightweight, breathable clothing to stay comfortable in the humid weather.
Activities and Events
June is a great time to explore the natural beauty of Montenegro, with warm temperatures and plenty of sunshine. Visitors can take a boat trip along the coast, go hiking in the national parks, or explore the historic towns and cities. The coastal cities of Budva and Kotor are especially popular in June, with their charming old town areas and stunning sea views. Additionally, outdoor activities such as kayaking in the Bay of Kotor, canyoning in Nevidio Canyon, or paragliding in the mountains offer a thrilling way to experience Montenegro’s natural beauty.
Montenegro is also home to many beautiful beaches along its coastline. Here are three beaches that are perfect to visit during the summer months:
- Jaz Beach: Located near Budva, Jaz Beach is a long stretch of sandy beach with crystal-clear waters. It’s one of the most popular beaches in Montenegro and offers plenty of water sports activities and beach bars.
- Mogren Beach: Mogren Beach is a smaller, secluded beach located just a short walk from Budva’s Old Town. With its turquoise waters and stunning cliffside views, it’s a perfect place to relax and soak up the sun.
- Queen’s Beach: Queen’s Beach, also known as Milocer Beach, is located near the town of Sveti Stefan. It’s a small, pebble beach with clear, calm waters and is surrounded by lush greenery. It’s a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and taking in beautiful scenery.
June is also a busy month for events in Montenegro, with the Sea Dance Festival taking place in Budva, featuring international music acts, and the KotorArt International Festival of Children’s Theatre, showcasing performances from around the world.
Swimming in June
In June, the sea temperature in Montenegro is warm and pleasant for swimming, averaging around 22°C. The beaches can be busy during the day, but the warm evenings offer a perfect time to relax by the sea.
Overall, June is a great time to visit Montenegro, with warm weather, plenty of sunshine, and a wide range of activities and events to enjoy. Just remember to stay hydrated and wear breathable clothing to stay comfortable in the humid weather. Be sure to explore the charming towns, cities, and natural beauty that Montenegro has to offer, and don’t forget to take a dip in the warm waters of the Adriatic Sea.